YOU PROTECT WHAT YOU LOVE, ENJOY AND APPRECIATE
Improve the welfare of rural communities and turn Panama into a destination known for sustainable adventure ecotourism.
Promote the growth of an outdoor community that appreciates Panama’s natural and cultural heritage by connecting urban and rural needs to the benefits derived from the proper use and care of the trails.
- Develop mechanisms to encourage appreciation of the natural and cultural diversity of Panama
- Train and sensitize individuals, public and private institutions on the benefits of outdoor activities related to protected areas.
- Identify rural community organizations and train their leaders and guides management of trails and tourists.
- Identify, coordinate and implement training and volunteer opportunities related signaling pathways and their maintenance
- Promote strategic alliances with public and private sectors to implement projects related to the objectives of the Foundation activities.
Caminando, se cura la herida, caminando, que deja el ayer.
En Puerto Rico, en Panamá, en Colombia o en New York,
el que no vive, no prueba el sabor que da el amor.
Caminando, di mil tropezones, caminando, y nunca paré,
caminando, entre risa y dolores, caminando, pa'lante y con fe.
Con el tiempo, comprendí que la vida da pa'to',
que nada borra el recuerdo de lo que uno caminó.
Caminando, mirando una estrella. Caminando, oyendo una voz.
Caminando, siguiendo la huella, caminando, que otro caminó.
Caminando, buscando a la vida. Caminando, buscando al amor.
Caminando, curando la herida, caminando, que deja el dolor!
As part of its mission and objectives, Fundacion Caminando Panama commits to working with and funding projects spearheaded by small Panamanian rural tourism/conservation focused community organizations, as well as Panamanian non-profit organizations with similar goals. Projects that involve indigenous and rural communities must provide written evidence of “Prior and Informed Consent” from tribal/community leaders. Requests for funding and partnerships with private sector partners will be considered on a case by case basis and should align with FCP core goals. Additionally, FCP limits funding for overhead in projects from United States-based universities or similar learning/research-based institutions at 18%. FCP commits to refraining from funding or being involved in any type of political activity, including support or opposing of any political party or candidate.